The PLAN (Philanthropic Leaders Advisory Network) is a new initiative of the Community Foundation specifically for Wealth Advisors. The goal is to partner with financial planners, attorneys, and other professional advisors dedicated to carrying out their clients’ charitable goals while helping to build assets in their communities, and to build a network of professionals who understand that charitable planning can help grow their business.
Members of the PLAN will:
- Be listed on the Foundation website with a link.
- Be linked from our e-newsletter.
- Receive invitations to participate in educational trainings and other events for professional advisors.
- Meet like-minded professionals to exchange ideas and information.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the CFA and the role it can play in the advisor’s practice or firm.
- Have access to CFA staff to discuss specific charitable giving scenarios, provide materials or gift illustrations, and attend joint meetings with your clients if appropriate.
- Receive a recognition memento for office display.
The first PLAN seminar was held Thursday, October 2, 2014, at Anthony’s Restaurant in Richland Township. Twenty-two participants heard from guest lecturer Michael Sahlaney, Esq., who discussed post-mortem elections by a surviving spouse for inheritance taxes and disclaimers, and were eligible to receive one Continuing Education Credit. Eight of those professionals have taken the first step to joining the PLAN. Congratulations!
The next PLAN Seminar will be held in March 2015. Details will be forthcoming. To learn more about joining the PLAN or upcoming seminars, please contact Nancy Marley, Donor Services Officer, at 814-536-7741 ext. 111.