Cheer on the Johnstown Tomahawks and give to a great cause! The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies is teaming up with the Tomahawks for a hockey game fundraiser. 80% of your December 4th ticket price will go to a Community Foundation for the Alleghenies fund of your choosing.
Show your Hockeyville USA spirit, rooting for the Tomahawks as they take on the Northeast Generals. It’s a great reason to take the whole family out for an afternoon of hockey, food, and fun at the Cambria County War Memorial.
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW. Choose the fund you’d like to support from a drop-down menu when you fill out the General Admission portion for each ticket holder. Here’s your chance to donate to our Fund for the Future or any number of great causes managed by the Community Foundation.
To take part in the fundraiser, you must buy your tickets BEFORE FRIDAY DECEMBER 2nd. Questions? Call or email Marisa Nelson at the Community Foundation: (814) 536-7741, ext. 116, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t make it to the game? Here’s a list of participating funds. We invite you to support them directly, anytime:
- Fund for the Future: This is the Community Foundation’s general fund, which is used to make grants to local nonprofits twice a year. Your contribution to our Fund for the Future is a gift to the many local causes supporting a wide array of beneficial programs and projects.
- Bedford County Endowments: Supports Bedford County projects that deal with the arts, education, economic development, children and youth, health and human services, heritage programs, civic affairs, religious, and environmental programs.
- Cambria County Library Fund: Supports the Cambria County Library to provide a perpetual source of income to meet the educational and recreational needs for people of all ages.
- Camp PARC: Creates recreational and social opportunities for children and adults with mental and developmental disabilities through its residential summer camp, based in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- CASA/Beginnings Inc.: Empowers families to provide children with the best possible start in life, and enables children to reach their full potential.
- Coaches 4 Kids: Teaches kids sports skills, game rules, and life lessons such as teamwork, character, sportsmanship, and leadership.
- Commission on Hope: Helps our community prevent crime through positive engagement and provides skills and support so that each participant can take responsibility for their future as they reconnect with their family and community.
- The Ethel Fund: Provides assistance to family pets with catastrophic veterinary needs and promotes responsible pet care, including veterinary pet insurance and genetic screening of potential breeding animals.
- Penelec Fund for the Future of Greater Johnstown: Supports organizations that apply to our Fall and Spring grant rounds.
- Jennerstown Recreation Committee Fund: Creates improved recreational opportunities for the residents of Jennerstown by rehabilitating and repairing park facilities located on borough property.
- Johnstown Backpack Project: Works with many referral agencies to ensure that no child in the Johnstown area goes without food on the weekends.
- NAACP: Eliminating racial hatred and discrimination and ensuring the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all people.
- North Star Playground Project: Raising the necessary funds to repair, restore, replace, and maintain all elements of the playground at North Star Central Elementary School.
- PAWS House, Inc.: Pets Are Worth Saving. They are fundraising to build a self-sustaining community resource center and no-kill safe haven for all pets which will service Cambria County and surrounding areas.
- Somerset County Community Funds: Supports Somerset County projects that deal with the arts, education, economic development, children and youth, health and human services, heritage programs, civic affairs, religious, and environmental programs.
- The Tribune-Democrat Santa Fund: Supplies under-served children with toys at Christmastime.
- Trinity Farms Center for Healing: An innovative, eco-friendly, outdoor environment committed to integrative healing practices for complete body, mind, and spiritual renewal. Located in Boswell, Pa.
- WILLStrong Foundation Fund: Supports Windber Hospice and other cancer support organizations, as well as provides scholarship opportunities at Greater Johnstown High School, to continue the legacy of Wilfred Brandon, Jr.
- Johnstown Walk of Hope Fund: Supports local non-profit agencies that provide cancer research, prevention and early detection programs, patient support, and education.