Here’s a terrific opportunity for young entrepreneurs to meet other business owners, discover resources, and win funding for their startups: qualifying high schoolers can apply for the Strandquest-Simmons Entrepreneurship Program. This program provides mentorships, consultation, ongoing education, and opportunities to network with regional business leaders through Entrepreneurial Alchemy.
At the end of the program, which runs throughout the school year, one participating student will be awarded the $2,000 Strandquest-Simmons scholarship.
This combination provides real-world experience and seed money, which means participants could emerge from the program with their own businesses.
Senior students from the following school districts are eligible to apply: Bishop McCort, Conemaugh Valley, Ferndale Area, Greater Johnstown, Richland and Westmont Hilltop.
Here are the requirements:
– High school seniors from Bishop McCort, Conemaugh Valley, Ferndale Area, Greater Johnstown, Richland and Westmont Hilltop school districts
– Students that self-nominate and apply
– Existing operating entrepreneurs AND also aspiring entrepreneurs
– Students applying to college or post-graduate vocational school
– Students supported by their high school guidance counselor
Go here to apply online. Deadline is September 22nd.