Did you know that scholarship funds at the Community Foundation may be eligible for additional funding through the PHEAA’s PATH (Partnerships for Access To Higher Education) Program? As a PHEAA PATH Partner, the Foundation can apply for additional grant money for students. This year, the state allocated our scholarship recipients an additional $76,000 in funding. That translates to 70 of our scholarship recipients from 2013-14 receiving extra scholarship money! Here are a few examples:
- Memorial Hospital of Bedford County Fund – 7 recipients qualified for $15,510 in matched scholarships + $1,250 for Bailey scholarship
- Chestnut Ridge Christian Fund – 5 recipients qualified for $6,000 in matched scholarships
- Vetock – 3 recipients qualified for $2,882 in matched scholarships
- Harned – 4 recipients qualified for $5,000 in matched scholarships
- American Red Cross – 7 recipients qualified for $3,391 in matched scholarships
Congratulations to all of our scholarship recipients from last year and best wishes to this year’s applicants! For details on PHEAA’s PATH Program or how to apply for scholarship through the Foundation, contact our Grants & Scholarships Coordinator, Anne McGrath. To learn more about establishing a scholarship fund, contact our Donor Services Officer, Nancy Marley.
Posted on May 15, 2014 at 10:07 AM by Angie Berzonski