- This event has passed.
Dancing Like a Star for Beginnings, Inc.
February 3, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Dance your heart out for Beginnings, Inc. and support at-risk children through early intervention and educational opportunities. Beginnings, Inc. helps families turn today’s childhood challenges into tomorrow’s life skills.
Dancing Like a Star is a fun, entertaining, dinner with dance competition, to raise funds for Beginnings, Inc. programming.
The purpose is not to professionally judge participants’ technical program, but to have a family-friendly evening of dancing with friends.
Dancers will compete for two coveted prizes:
- The Judges’ Pick is chosen by our own celebrity judges, according to a short list of simple criteria.
- The Fan Favorite award goes to the couple or group who brings in the highest number of general votes, at $1 per vote in their category.
Here’s how the competition will work:
- Dancers may enter in one of two categories: couples (two people) or groups (three or more people).
- Dancers will select their own song (no longer than 3 minutes); a CD must be provided to the committee by Friday, January 19, 2018
- Dancers are responsible for their own choreography.
- Dancers also have the option of taking private lessons at their own expense at a studio of their choice
- Dancers are responsible for their own costumes.
- A dress rehearsal will be held on Monday, January 29 , 201 8 from 6 — 8 pm at the Pasquerilla Conference Center
- Everyone is to have a good time, enjoy themselves and know they are raising money for a good cause.
- A “snack” will be provided for the dance participants in a “cast warm ‐ up ” area prior to the dance competition.
Individual tickets are $65.00, table of 8: $520.00. Sponsorships are also available. Go here to see pricing and book your tickets online.
For more information, contact Beginnings, Inc. at (814) 539-1919 or email@example.com.