The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies is pleased to sponsor the inaugural Allegheny Adventure X•FEST October 3-5, 2014. People’s Natural Gas Park in downtown Johnstown will be the hub of activity for the event, with vendors and displays, a gear swap, live entertainment, food, and craft beer. Adventure activities will take place in various locations in the Alleghenies Region. Check the Allegheny Adventure X•FEST website for details.
The activity-filled weekend is designed to showcase the area’s broad outdoor recreation opportunities, to help create a culture of health and fitness, and to encourage local residents to experience outdoor recreation in their own area. Seasoned outdoor enthusiasts can participate in activities they love, but it will also provide demonstration and instruction to those interested in trying something new.
Contact Jennifer Bergey at 814-536-7993 for sponsor packages and vendor information.
The event, coordinated by the Allegheny Adventure Network and the Cambria County Convention & Visitors Bureau, will include:
- Canoeing, rafting, and kayaking (organized by the Benscreek Canoe Club)
- Mountian biking, road cycling, and rail trail rides (coordinated by Laurel Highlands On-and Off-Road Bicycling Association)
- The 39th Annual Johnstown YMCA Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K (Sunday, October 5)
- Holistic activities (at People’s Natural Gas Park) including, Yoga, Tai Chi, African Dance-Kulani, Middle Eastern Dance, Drumming, and Martial Arts
- Information booths with Western Pennsylvania Orienteering Club, the Greater Johnstown Athletic Ski Club, and Johnstown-Altoona Geocaching Association (plus an “event geocache”)