The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies is pleased to sponsor the inaugural Allegheny Adventure X•FEST October 3-5, 2014. People’s Natural Gas Park in downtown Johnstown will be the hub of activity for the event, with vendors and displays, a gear swap, live entertainment, food, and craft beer. Adventure activities will take place in various locations in the Alleghenies Region. Check the Allegheny Adventure X•FEST website for details.
- Canoeing, rafting, and kayaking (organized by the Benscreek Canoe Club)
- Mountian biking, road cycling, and rail trail rides (coordinated by Laurel Highlands On-and Off-Road Bicycling Association)
- The 39th Annual Johnstown YMCA Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K (Sunday, October 5)
- Holistic activities (at People’s Natural Gas Park) including, Yoga, Tai Chi, African Dance-Kulani, Middle Eastern Dance, Drumming, and Martial Arts
- Information booths with Western Pennsylvania Orienteering Club, the Greater Johnstown Athletic Ski Club, and Johnstown-Altoona Geocaching Association (plus an “event geocache”)